I have a software that use command line arguments to create files. You go to the directory, type posidbfw /alt 1 1, it creates the files. I want to call this from one line. I was using subprocess.Popen, but it doesn't see the arguements, any help?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Give this a try and see if it works:
import subprocess
subprocess.call()

Great!! Thanks! One more question. Is there a way to use this, but make the 1 1 standard, and be able to pass an argument over? So, I type subprocess.py, it runs with 1 1, but if I want to do it with 2 2, I could tpye that on a command line and parse it over.

Great!! Thanks! One more question. Is there a way to use this, but make the 1 1 standard, and be able to pass an argument over? So, I type subprocess.py, it runs with 1 1, but if I want to do it with 2 2, I could tpye that on a command line and parse it over.

One word of caution, don't use filenames for your source code that match import module names. Python's PYTHONPATH will look in your working folder first, import it's own source code and you are in the BS house.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.