I built my website using no Java so I'm quite ignorant. I'd like to use the "send to mobile" button from another site on my own website but I don't know if it's possible to do. Can anyone tell me the code I need to paste into my website to do this if it is possible? I used DotNetNuke to build my site so I understand html a little.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

why do I get the feeling you want more than just the button to be copied to your site? :)
just google for a script that does what you want and put it on your site

why do I get the feeling you want more than just the button to be copied to your site? :)
just google for a script that does what you want and put it on your site

The direct answer to your question might be "cynicism" I think. :) But I had a link to the exact site and button I needed to use but the moderator took it out as possible spam and since it appears as though Java isn't quite as easy to cut and paste code for I doubt I'll get an answer I can understand. Thanks for trying to help though.

Sorry dude, but your "direct" link went to some lousy website for car sale. So it did not lead to a button but to a site. Secondly site is build with ASP.

You are partially correct. The link went to the car sale page that has the link that I'd like to add to my website that was built with dotnetnuke. I certainly did not build the vehix website.

It all failed because of your loose specification, inaccurate problem description and unawareness to variety of technologies. Building site with dotnetnuke suggest you build-up either simple html-css and maybe some JavaScript site or you have asp webie. Therefore you should stay with asp and look for solution in that direction

So to summarize you don't want to help. Then let's not waste time with snide comments. The question was clear until the moderator removed the link (which I asked about and got a fair enough answer for). If you can't tell me the code to use to put that link on my site then just ignore the post instead of insulting my programming ability.

No, I'm telling you that mixing technologies is not best idea specially if each of them have they own equivalent that can by used.
Anyway what do you want with that button? You want only the graphic or you trying to retrieve data from their website and then use it on your? This still not clear to me.

I see. sorry for my defensiveness and thanks for not taking it personally. (my excuse is having just had a baby two weeks ago so I'm rather tired).

Yeah, what I was hoping to do was take a button and it's function. The vehix site has all my cars on it and on the individual car page there is a button for sending that car's information to the customer's cel phone via sms. I'd like to offer the same information via the same simple button and not have to pay extra for it.

I see. sorry for my defensiveness and thanks for not taking it personally. (my excuse is having just had a baby two weeks ago so I'm rather tired).

Yeah, what I was hoping to do was take a button and it's function. The vehix site has all my cars on it and on the individual car page there is a button for sending that car's information to the customer's cel phone via sms. I'd like to offer the same information via the same simple button and not have to pay extra for it.

ever heard of copy rights? if they don't pose a problem, set up your own DB and fill it with the data you want. may seem "over the top", since tghere's already a DB that contains what you want, but then again, what if that b goes down (permanently)? it's bubaai fancy script, since the data is not longer available

So you basically just want to steal that functionality for your own site so you don't have to put any effort into it or pay someone to provide that service...

It's actually my own database. I just don't know how to create this feature but nevermind. I'm going to look elsewhere for info.

Try to ask that question in .NET section or even better in C# as that would be my language of choice. Basically what you looking for is click on button pop-up a window or text field/text area to request and validate number, then pass it to server for further processing (I have no idea what is .NET equivalent for Java servlet, but that what you looking for). Server should process your request and send data to user submitted number

thanks peter.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.