hi ,
can anybody tell me which is the best way to generate the html reports in the C# and then after genrating whcih tool is considered to be the best to diplay the reports data.like we cab display in label ,literal or which is the best way?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

HTMl is only text, so, my advice is to devise a layout, and then use that as a template and fill it in with a routine you pass information to.

actually if i pass the information in the rich text box and then i have to import it to the excel or tex format.is it the good way??n i hve to disply the data of the tables from the database not the text file

If you want html, the easiest way is to just write it to html in the first place, rather than try and format it to a rich text box, load it in something else, etc.

Long as you have a basic understanding of html, saving the reports should be fairly straight forward

Nw i explain u the scenario.
Actually there is a database having tables.
from that database i have to retrieve the data into the HTML reports in C#.
and after retrieving the data i have to display it . and then i have to export it to the exel or the text file. So suggest me the best way to do it. and i want to know where the data should be displayed from the html reports

Well, if the server supports asp/x then write the asp to call the data direct, if not, do the queries in an app and write the data to the html reports as values..

I dont see why you have to export it to excel, if you wanted a html report, just make one?

actually there is an option in my application to exporet it to the excel or the text file.
can u provide me the whole set of code of doing it through queries and finally write the data to the html reports??

and also plz clarify me that after v have written into the html reports ,then hw the data would be displyed in my .net frmework?? in any control if yes then which control is the best ?if no, then then where??

You stated as your first post you wanted HTML reports. To display them of course you would use the web browser from the machine.

Im not going to give you full code to do it, if you're trying to admit that you dont know enough about HTML to do it, say so.

What part dont you have an idea on how to do? I'll help you with bits, but Im most certainly not going to hand you it on a plate.

okkkkkkkkkkkkk
plz clarify me that after v have written into the html reports ,then hw the data would be displyed in my .net frmework?? in any control if yes then which control is the best ?if no, then then where??

or the data would be displayed in html reports itself??
suggest me

If you're writing the data to the html format, rather than using ASP/ASPX then you could either spawn a copy of the webbrowser as I said, or, you could use the webbrowser control - its your choice.

v dont have to write the data by ourselfinto html reporets.
we access the database and from there the data is put into the data set and and we present that data in the form of table in the html reports.
can i do this through the htmlreport engine control in .net ??
or what method shud i use?
if possible provide me the module to caarry out the task?

firstly what is "v" ? I dont understand

secondly, if you want to have your data read in by the html into your reports you'd need to use ASPX and run IIS.. HTML is text only, as a result writing normal HTML will not allow you to read in data from a file - only ASP/ASPX allows you to do this, where it makes connections to the database, and reads the data out.

I feel this conversations going round in circles.

hi if i m using the ASP.net to access the data from the database then where can i display the data.Is it fine to retrieve the data from the database and display it in the webbrowser control using html reports?

after displaying , i want that i can export that file to the text or exel file.?
what is the procedure to do this?
can anybodu help me on this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.