I am trying to parse PDFs to extract text from them. I couldn't find any good free tools online for that, and I have no idea about building one myself in .NET. I want to be able to parse the pdf and populate the data in a hash table, which can then be put in a database. Therefore, I need the code and not just an application. Does anybody know of something that I can use?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Greetings:
There are two ways for manipulating pdf files, the hard way is to develop a library to read an write pdf files (easier said than done) you can find everything you`ll need for writing one here, the easier way is to use PDFKit.net, from tallcomponents, in there you can find lot`s of code samples to get started.

Hope that helps.

I am trying to do the same.

Did you find a solution?

Regards

I am trying to parse PDFs to extract text from them. I couldn't find any good free tools online for that, and I have no idea about building one myself in .NET. I want to be able to parse the pdf and populate the data in a hash table, which can then be put in a database. Therefore, I need the code and not just an application. Does anybody know of something that I can use?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I am trying to do the same.

Did you find a solution?

Regards

i want the same thing? did you find a solution plz i need very necessary

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.