HI EVERYONE,
I HAVE GOT A VERY INTERESTING PROBLEM THIS TIME. U HAVE TO FORM A PALINDROME OF AN ENTERED STRING. IT`S NOT THE UASUAL STUFF OF CHECKING WHETHER AN ENTERED STRING IS A PALINDROME OR NOT.
IN THIS PROGRAM, SAY IF THE GIVEN STRING IS:
"A3BCA"
THEN THE PROGRAM SHOULD FORM THE SHORTEST PALINDROME POSSIBLE BY INSERTING "CB3" AT THE SECOND LAST POSITION;
i.e; THE OUTPUT SHOULD BE
"A3BCCB3A"
OR THE OUTPUT CAN ALSO BE
"A3CBC3A"
OR

OR IF THE INPUT IS "AAMDM"
THEN THE SOLUTION IS "AAMDMAA" AND NOT "MDMAAMDM" B`COS WE HAVE TO FIND THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE PALINDROME.

SO, PLZ CAN ANY 1 HELP ME TO BEGIN IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

ah, it's that time of year again.
About right, few weeks before the Christmas vacation...

P.S. posting in all caps is unlikely to get you more help. In fact it's extremely annoying and I won't read any post written that way.
P.P.S. read the posting guidelines. We're not here to do your homework for you.

please help to initiate me. i don`t want the full work to be done

start by yourself then come back with specific questions.

Ok, I'll just give you a hint, try to do the program by yourself. Start with matching the characters on the opposite end of the string. On the first mismatch, get the rest of the string, create the reverse string from it and insert it into the right position.

When you do this kind of programs, try to document your thinking with code-like (pseudo-code) sentences. Helps a lot with actual coding.

Hey! NVANEVSKI,
Thanks a lot. Your suggestion made the program so easy that i have just finished doing it.

HI EVERYONE,
I HAVE GOT A VERY INTERESTING PROBLEM THIS TIME. U HAVE TO FORM A PALINDROME OF AN ENTERED STRING. IT'S NOT THE UASUAL STUFF OF CHECKING WHETHER AN ENTERED STRING IS A PALINDROME OR NOT.
IN THIS PROGRAM, SAY IF THE GIVEN STRING IS:
"A3BCA"
THEN THE PROGRAM SHOULD FORM THE SHORTEST PALINDROME POSSIBLE BY INSERTING "CB3" AT THE SECOND LAST POSITION;
i.e; THE OUTPUT SHOULD BE
"A3BCCB3A"
OR THE OUTPUT CAN ALSO BE
"A3CBC3A"
OR

OR IF THE INPUT IS "AAMDM"
THEN THE SOLUTION IS "AAMDMAA" aND NOT "MDMAAMDM" B'COS WE HAVE TO FIND THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE PALINDROME.

SO, PLZ CAN ANY 1 HELP ME TO BEGIN IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

#include<stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>
#include<string.h>
int i,l=0,n,p;
char pal[10];
void main()
{
  clrscr();
  printf("Enter string:");
  scanf("%s",pal);
  l=strlen(pal);
  for(i=0;i<l-1;i++)
 {
  printf("%c",pal[i]);
 }
 for(i=l-2;i>=0;i--)
 {
  printf("%c",pal[i]);
 }
 getch();
}

This post is over four and half years old and it was SOLVED. Why are you reviving old threads.

And there's that blasted void main again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.