guys, please help me...

how do i make clrscr() work? my friend told me to include conio.c, but i think that my version of dev-c++ doesn't have that...so i tried downloading conio.c...but the problem is, clrscr() still doesn't work in my pc but it works in my friend's pc...we're both using dev-c++...

what do i need to do? please help me...

super thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

guys, please help me...

how do i make clrscr() work? my friend told me to include conio.c, but i think that my version of dev-c++ doesn't have that...so i tried downloading conio.c...but the problem is, clrscr() still doesn't work in my pc but it works in my friend's pc...we're both using dev-c++...

what do i need to do? please help me...

super thanks in advance!

Read this:
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread13532-system%28cls%29.html

HI WEL I USE BORLAND C++. BUT IT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK ON ANY VERSION OF C++. JUST VERIFY THIS
1. ARE ALL YOOUR HEADER FILE ON A SINGLE FOLDER. MAYBE YOU COULD HAVE INSTALLED IT NOT PROPERLY.
IN TURBO C++ I USE #INLCUDE<CONIO.H>

AND I USE CLRSCR();

TRY IT ON YOUR DEV C++. BY THE WAY CAN ANYBODY TELL WATS THIS DEV C++. IS IT ANY DIFFERENT FROM TURBO OR BORLAND C++ :lol:

Look at the big button on your keyboard marked "Caps Lock". Press it until the CAPITAL LETTERS go away.

clrscr() is a presumptuous Borland fetish. Not every user of your program wants it!!!

In Dev C++ you can use system("CLS") to do the trick, the old DOS command. Include the stdlib.h for the system() function.

By the way, Dev C++ is a very nice IDE for a set of open source GNU compilers (mainly GCC and G++). The IDE comes in Windows and Linux versions. For Linux CLS has to be replaced with something else.

not at all a fetish, just overused by people that read tutorials by other people who abused it :)

There can be good reason to use it, for example if you were creating a fullscreen DOS application in Turbo Vision and wanted to clean up after yourself when terminating it.

ok guys thanks for the clarification.caps lock on was my typing mistake. sorry

thanks for all the help!

Try to use 'fflush()' function with the argument 'stdout'.
When ever you want to clear your screen, just add this fflush(stdout). But remmember that it will fflush all standard out-put. But you use this. :cheesy:

Try to use 'fflush()' function with the argument 'stdout'.
When ever you want to clear your screen, just add this fflush(stdout). But remmember that it will fflush all standard out-put. But you use this. :cheesy:

Did you tested it? I really doubt about that...

Friends,seems like many of us are having problem in using clrscr() function in DEV C++.We need to know the fact that functions call and return type values which are by default of void type in C but not in c++In c++ we need to tell the function what value is retuned too.
So use void clrscr(void) instead of clrscr().
I hope this works.

Please do not resurrect long-dead (and solved) threads.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.