Hello

I'm new to computer programming , and I'm using Dev C++ 4.9.9.2. I'm also reading C++ How To Program Pearson International Edition from DEITEL as my source of knowledge. I don't if I'm reading the right book and using the right c++ software or compiler. Hop you can give me an advice regarding this.

I encountered a link error while compiling my programs or source file with file names GradeBook.h,GradeBook.cpp and fig3_10 I got this programs from the sample of my book C++ How To Program. But when I compiled it an error will occurred. I assume that the source file or the programs are coorrect because it come from the book of deitel.
GradeBook.cpp and fig3_10 has include Gradebook.h(#include "GradeBook.h").

Please help me these problems, because I can't go on with my self study without solving these problems, because most of the remaining illustration of the book is likely the same with this..

Thank you very much

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Most generaly, link errors are caused by a mismatch in a function/method declaration and the actual implementation. Hence being unable to link the two (and possibly more in the case of overloading). For example, this would result in a link error:

void Foo(int, int);
int main()
{
    Foo(10, 10);
    return 0;
}
int Foo(void)
{
     return 0;
}

You need to post the link errors you are getting from the compiler so that we can help you.

commented: Yes, that would be good. +22
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.