I just downloaded Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and I'm trying to edit some old code for a lab that I am TAing. I took all the code and put it in a new project, since several of the old libraries will change and since I don't have them on my computer, I can't run the old program. I've had to comment out a bunch of code related to hardware that we don't have anymore, but I'm still getting the following errors:

1>hthread.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__timeSetEvent@20 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CHapticThread::Start(unsigned int,void (__stdcall*)(void *),void *)" (?Start@CHapticThread@@QAEHIP6GXPAX@Z0@Z)
1>hthread.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__timeBeginPeriod@4 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CHapticThread::Start(unsigned int,void (__stdcall*)(void *),void *)" (?Start@CHapticThread@@QAEHIP6GXPAX@Z0@Z)
1>hthread.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__timeEndPeriod@4 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CHapticThread::Stop(void)" (?Stop@CHapticThread@@QAEHXZ)
1>hthread.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__timeKillEvent@4 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CHapticThread::Stop(void)" (?Stop@CHapticThread@@QAEHXZ)
1>hthread.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__timeGetDevCaps@8 referenced in function "private: unsigned int __thiscall CHapticThread::GetClosestPossiblePeriod(unsigned int)" (?GetClosestPossiblePeriod@CHapticThread@@AAEII@Z)
1>C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew Bouchard\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Lab4_2008\Debug\Lab4_2008.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals

My hunch is that this has something to do with a resource I need to add to the project and with threading, neither of which I really know anything about. If anyone could provide some insight, I would be very appreciative.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Added winmm.lib to the project and solved the posted problem. Other problems now exist that are unrelated to the posted topic and will be placed in a separate thread.

Please mark this thread solved then

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.