Suppose I were to use a code in my program very similar to this one: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/ftpclientclass.aspx

What headers would I need to use? The tutorial doesn't state that, I downloaded their sample source codes for the compiler I use (Bloodshed) and none of the multiple example source codes' headers worked for me, additionally I've Googled to no avail, help would be much appreciated!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Suppose I were to use a code in my program very similar to this one: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/ftpclientclass.aspx

What headers would I need to use? The tutorial doesn't state that, I downloaded their sample source codes for the compiler I use (Bloodshed) and none of the multiple example source codes' headers worked for me, additionally I've Googled to no avail, help would be much appreciated!

Please tell what the errors are so we have something to go on...
Thanx...
Sean

147 C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Desktop\zFinal\main.cpp `nsFTP' has not been declared

147 C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Desktop\zFinal\main.cpp `CFTPClient' undeclared (first use this function)

148 C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Desktop\zFinal\main.cpp `CLogonInfo' undeclared (first use this function)

152 C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Desktop\zFinal\main.cpp `ftpClient' undeclared (first use this function)

152 C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Desktop\zFinal\main.cpp `logonInfo' undeclared (first use this function)

156 C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Desktop\zFinal\main.cpp `TSpFTPFileStatusVector' undeclared (first use this function)

163 C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Desktop\zFinal\main.cpp `TRACE' undeclared (first use this function)

Those are all the errors, thanks for your quick response Sean!

147 C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Desktop\zFinal\main.cpp `nsFTP' has not been declared

147 C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Desktop\zFinal\main.cpp `CFTPClient' undeclared (first use this function)

148 C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Desktop\zFinal\main.cpp `CLogonInfo' undeclared (first use this function)

152 C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Desktop\zFinal\main.cpp `ftpClient' undeclared (first use this function)

152 C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Desktop\zFinal\main.cpp `logonInfo' undeclared (first use this function)

156 C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Desktop\zFinal\main.cpp `TSpFTPFileStatusVector' undeclared (first use this function)

163 C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Desktop\zFinal\main.cpp `TRACE' undeclared (first use this function)

Those are all the errors, thanks for your quick response Sean!

Sure ;)

the class nsFTP (the first link error) is declared in FTPDataTypes.h, which comes with the demo source, along with several other header files...make sure you #include these headers and include the .cpp files in your makefile/project/whatever.

there are 12 files, 7 of which are headers, which you need to #include, along with 5 .cpp files you need to add to your makefile or project.

Thanx...
Sean

How noob of me! I understand now, I really didn't know what the "h" icon meant, so I ignored them entirely! Thank you very much!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.