AndrevdBerg 0 Newbie Poster

Hi,

I am pretty new to vb.net and I am having a bit of trouble placing a table in Word through automation.
I am adding a table at a Bookmark. The bookmark is outside the margins of the page, but when the table gets placed, it starts at the margin, rather than where the bookmark was. I have tried several ways of moving it, and the only way that did anything of value was changing the page margins for the entire document, which is not what I want to do...

Here is the code that I am using at the moment.

Dim oTable1 As Word.Table
        oWord.Visible = True

'Insert a 2 x 6 table and fill it with specific data   
         oTable1 = oDoc.Tables.Add(oDoc.Bookmarks.Item("installation").Range, 2, 6)

'Create Columns Code,description,unit,recommended retail,disc,distribution
        With oTable1
             .Range.ParagraphFormat.SpaceAfter = 6
             .Range.ParagraphFormat.LeftIndent = 5

.Columns(1).PreferredWidthType = Word.WdPreferredWidthType.wdPreferredWidthPercent
            .Columns(1).PreferredWidth = 13.3
            .Columns(2).PreferredWidth = 39.8
            .Columns(3).PreferredWidth = 6.6
            .Columns(4).PreferredWidth = 16.1
            .Columns(5).PreferredWidth = 6.7
            .Columns(6).PreferredWidth = 17.2

.Rows(1).Range.Font.Name = "Tahoma"
            .Rows(1).Range.Font.Size = "10"
            .Rows(1).Range.Font.Bold = True
            .Rows(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = Word.WdColor.wdColorLightOrange

.Cell(1, 1).Range.Text = "Code"
            .Cell(1, 2).Range.Text = "Description"
            .Cell(1, 3).Range.Text = "Units"
            .Cell(1, 4).Range.Text = "Recommended Retail"
            .Cell(1, 5).Range.Text = "Disc."
            .Cell(1, 6).Range.Text = "Distribution"
        End With

I have also included screen grabs of Word. The highlighted text are all bookmarks. I am attempting to insert into the "Installation" bookmark.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I have been struggling for 2 days on this now, and its putting me behind schedule.

Regards

Andre

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.