ok lets say I have my code file in my web server and any one can call that functions in that file ( assuming they know the name of the functions ) but they can't see the actual implementation

in other word they can use the implementation but they can't see it

Example: data.cpp in my server and it has a function called "move() " a friend want to use the function in his code by calling the function but he can't see the implementation of that function

How would that be possible ?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

put the code in a library or DLL than only distribute the lib or DLL along with the header file(s) that declares the function prototypes to the users. That is the common way to do it. Example: all the win32 api functions are in DLLs or libraries.

put the code in a library or DLL than only distribute the lib or DLL along with the header file(s) that declares the function prototypes to the users. That is the common way to do it. Example: all the win32 api functions are in DLLs or libraries.

is there a way for anyone to decompile the dll file ?

Thank you

Decompile it? Yes. Into something useful? No, unless they just want to figure out how it works.

Thank you It did really help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.