Hello,
I'm experiencing a little problem with what I'm trying to do:
I've created a large number of buttons with Photoshop, these however, already look like buttons, and are rounded. However, when I put them on a BUTTON control the button looks ugly because it has another button on it.
I have already tried to give the button the BS_FLAT flag however, what I'm now getting is a small black border and a small inner white border, AND even worse, if you click the button it looks like it is selected.
Is there any way to get the buttons the way I want?
If anyone requests some print screens I can submit them if you ask

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This is one of those situations where, as long as the project isn't too big and it is okay with you, attach the whole thing and let me have a little play around with it to see if I can figure it out :) Im sure the problem is easier to solve than it appears.

I've added the entire project to this message. Thanks for taking a look into it.

Sorry for taking so long, i've had some net / pc problems. This looks like quite a big code, so im not going to go into finding an exact solution. But, I could suggest you use a Picture Control, set the bitmap for it to display, and try to detect a mouse-click on it (by making it notify the parent), well.. thats how I would do it anyway ;) . Hope this helps.

Sorry for taking so long, i've had some net / pc problems. This looks like quite a big code, so im not going to go into finding an exact solution. But, I could suggest you use a Picture Control, set the bitmap for it to display, and try to detect a mouse-click on it (by making it notify the parent), well.. thats how I would do it anyway ;) . Hope this helps.

Yeah, I thought about that already, but it seems so backdoorish (if that's a word ^^). I'll keep looking for a while first, maybe try the win32 group on Google and if all fails I guess I'll have to accept it =) I'll keep you informed, if you'd like that

Backdoorish? :)
Put it this way, why would they have added the functionality to the Picture Control to detect mouse-clicks, if it didn't work? (assuming they did). Don't try and do something the harder way, before you check if theres an easier, perfectly well-working solution already there for you :icon_cheesygrin:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.