hey guys...
i need to integrate a fingerprint sacnner into a project wchich i am developing right now.
but i do not know any java api which support hardware integration...so i m in a total mess...
can anyone tell me a way to integrate the fingerprint scanner in my application. i will be using jsp as the front end,

hey guys...
i need to integrate a fingerprint sacnner into a project wchich i am developing right now.
but i do not know any java api which support hardware integration...so i m in a total mess...
can anyone tell me a way to integrate the fingerprint scanner in my application. i will be using jsp as the front end,

1. To contact your " fingerprint sacnner" company asking about any software interface or they may have provide APIs in C++ or java.

2. Also asking your provider about their scanner can support whatever your hardware have. I believe this will be an issue.

3. If they provide any API( C++ or Java) and ask them "Do they have a sample codes how to use their apis ?" Also ask them after scanned fingerprint can convert to what kinds of image files (gif, jpg.....).

We have an existing application for warehouse using regular scanners to scan all kinds boxes and also coded in jsf(jsp)/oracle/WS/JMS.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.