I how do i fix this error [Build Error] [main.o] Error 1

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Post all of your code & all of the error log please

Chris

Oh its not the code... even at the default it does this.

Do you actually have the compiler installed and configured properley?
What platform is it on?

The installation of the current beta isn't as good as it should be, at the moment.
You must uninstall all past versions, to be safe, you must use the default {drive}:\Dev-Cpp\ (at least on the XP installations, I've noted), make sure it's not dir Dev-C++ like from the older versions; on Vista make sure you have full admin privileges to install(maybe even to compile).

edit:
And note: It's in beta, so you may find a minor inconveniences, here-and-there.

The installation of the current beta isn't as good as it should be, at the moment.
You must uninstall all past versions, to be safe, you must use the default {drive}:\Dev-Cpp\ (at least on the XP installations, I've noted), make sure it's not dir Dev-C++ like from the older versions; on Vista make sure you have full admin privileges to install(maybe even to compile).

edit:
And note: It's in beta, so you may find a minor inconveniences, here-and-there.

I never have such problems, i've install Dev just about everywhere including onto pen drives. Also Vista doesn't require admin to run or anything like that. I simpley thing he didn't install the compiler only the IDE

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.