FNAME EQU 9EH

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Writing FNAME in the program will be the same as writing 9EH.

mov WORD PTR (PARAM BLK+4),ax;

REAL_NAME db 13 dup(?)
wat does these statements .do...............

mov WORD PTR (PARAM BLK+4),ax;

REAL_NAME db 13 dup(?)
wat does these statements .do...............

they both are different snippets there is no relation between them

>wat does these statements .do...............
What does your reference manual say?

>wat does these statements .do...............
What does your reference manual say?

i dont got one.....
so anyways will u pls tell me wat these statements do....

what do you have against void main()?

pardon me,
wat* do you have against void main()?

The main method is often misunderstood.

In C89, main() on its own is acceptable, but C99 only allows for either (The second one is for command line paramaters):

int main ( void )
int main ( int argc, char *argv[] )

In C89, main() MUST return something but C99 says if a return statement is absent, then 0 is implied (sucess). I do however think this has been removed in newer standards. This is as when C was new, void did not exist and the machines of the time required that the program return an integer value for sucess or not. Anything other that 0 (sucess) was logged.

In C++ there is allowed

int main ( int argc, char *argv[] )
int main ()

Note that int main() is NOT void. The empty brackets do NOT indicate no paramaters, they in fact indicate an unlimited number of paramaters.

The ISO C Standard (ISO/IEC 9899:1999) says it is also illegal for C++ to have a return type of void. The return type should be an integer and the function should return 0 or EXIT_SUCCESS; at the end. A return type of void does NOT mean it returns nothing, it just means it returns a junk value which will pribably not be 0.

I do hope thats right, that just my understanding from my notes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.