monere 0 Newbie Poster

Hello,

I am really new in the C++ environment. As part of a video project i want to compare a master binary mpeg4 file whose size is about 20 meg bytes size to numerous video ( ex up to 30) mpeg4 clips of appproximately 1 meg each. My aim is to find if there is any significant segment in any of those clips (ex 10 k bytes or more) that can be found in the master file.

If a hit is found in any location of the master file for any clip then a decision will be made.

The question is the following: What type of compare instructions should i use to do compare those files? C++ does not has a bit array compare instruction to compare two large strings of bits. (??)

I considered the following process: search the entire large file buffer with the clip buffer and repeat the process until the EOF of the large file and then repeating the process with the next adjacent clip buffer using and offset until the EOF of each individual clip file.

Could somebody give me a starting clue about the type of instructions ( bit compare, strings, etc, ?) to perform the search task?

Thanks

Monere.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.