Well as probably half the population of noob programmers out there, I have done those 2 things, quit, and stopped because of school. Well i am trying to get back in, i want to make a game like 90% of the noob programmers out there and i have tuts on how and i understand them. But i do not just want to make games i want to beable to make anything I set my mind to. I have a like 1100 page book i have been reading (for about 3months) and the problem is on the visual parts it doesn't do any // explains part of coding // and since im a visual learner it makes it harder for me. Well mainly i am saying i have books to look at but i want to know steps that most of you have taken into being much better at programming.
Like little projects you have done, can you give me some personal ones not giving me some websites. I saw the idea of the coin and he kept adding on, like wanting to know total for heads and tails, well thank you. I am usually dedicated to my work.
I hope this is the correct place for this.

Well thank you for helping

PS: Wow im listening to modest mouse sleepwalking and on my Imesh theres an add of a dude trying to cetch a football and he looks like hes dancing to the tune hehe.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Well as probably half the population of noob programmers out there, I have done those 2 things, quit, and stopped because of school. Well i am trying to get back in, i want to make a game like 90% of the noob programmers out there and i have tuts on how and i understand them. But i do not just want to make games i want to beable to make anything I set my mind to. I have a like 1100 page book i have been reading (for about 3months) and the problem is on the visual parts it doesn't do any // explains part of coding // and since im a visual learner it makes it harder for me. Well mainly i am saying i have books to look at but i want to know steps that most of you have taken into being much better at programming.
Like little projects you have done, can you give me some personal ones not giving me some websites. I saw the idea of the coin and he kept adding on, like wanting to know total for heads and tails, well thank you. I am usually dedicated to my work.
I hope this is the correct place for this.

Well thank you for helping

PS: Wow im listening to modest mouse sleepwalking and on my Imesh theres an add of a dude trying to cetch a football and he looks like hes dancing to the tune hehe.

hello its nice to know that you've read and shown an intrest. I'm trying to seek out and understand what I dont understand. Basically the best way for me to learn is to sit down program something that I know and make it better an more complex ... adding on bits of code that makes it better :lol:

right now im trying to get a function to return the values used elsewhere in the program. The best bet for you is to get the DEITEL C / C++ and the "in the lab" book that comes with it. Thats what I use jam packed with fun stuff to play / debug and to solve.......

hmm sounds like a good book, teaches you it all interactivly aye?
well thank you for the help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.