we would like to build a system in java ( set of classes ) to manage and handle text files . the required software
uses the predefined java streams (FileReader, FileWriter,...) and allows creating and opening of new text files as well as writing
and reading.In plus, it allows the user to enter or retrieve information about employees like :
Name, profession, recent Diploma, salary, address...
Practically, this software (set of classes) at excution time , ask the user about the operation he would like to do :

- create and name a new text file ?
- Open and append (add new information to ) an existing file ?
- Update record(s)?
- Delete record(s)?
- Make one copy of a specific text file in a specific directory into new file in the same or in other specific directory?

To implement the idea :
1- create the class HandleFile that contains the following static methods :

a- public static create (String filename);
b- public static Update (String filename, int record_number);
c- public static Delete (String filename, int record_number);
d- public static append (String filename);
e- public static copy (String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName);

2- in all the above methods, handle all possible Exceptions by try- catch blocks.

3- Write a driver class to test your created system by creating a text file and by calling all the implemented methods. the user
can input the name of the files as well as the record data by using the pre-defined scanner class.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

pls i need someone for help , make this program and help me pls !

commented: no proper English, no effort from your side .. you're kidding right? -1

What part of your homework do you not understand? We are not simply going to do it for you. If you post what you have, and ask some specific questions about what you're having problems with, we will help though.

If it is simply that your personal life took precendence, then let it take precedence and own up to the fact and accept it's consequences.

Normally I would move over this thread by just saying "ask specific problems or we are not here to solve your assignments" or something very similar. But the sheer amount of such posts makes me think that may be these guyz are really lost and may be they will be able to figure out their way if someone would able to give them a start.
Well while that doesn't certainly mean that I will be giving you ready-made answers, what that does mean is that I would be willing to tell you what I would do if I was in your place given the same assignment/problem you have : (I am sure that there are even more talented people here who would certainly have a better way of doing it, this is just mine)
First I would go on reading the problem domain again again, twice, thrice may be even more, till I am able to extract a central theme for the problem domain, (in this case the write-up about the porblem you have) that describes the problem in a statement or two. Next develop an architecture for the system as a whole that would fit the central theme and that visually, or otherwise, describes the central theme. Moving on I would go about dividing the main architecture into modules and concentrate on the goals that these modules are supposed to achieve which would make way for the design of these modules. Working similarly these modules would be divided into smaller and smaller modules till the point where i have most of the stuff for the system figured out. Once I have a detailed design for the system and for all the modules plus their intercommunication with other such modules, I can pretty much start converting this design into a program which is nothing but implementing your features, functions and restrictions for a module or the system as a whole in a language of your choice which in this case happens to be java.
PS : In cases where I know I would be working on an OO langauge I would also be keen to break down the problem domain into classes and methods, this is one of the most important phases of your design.

pls i need someone for help , make this program and help me pls !

WHAT program??????

Do you see a program here? I don't see a program here.

Assume that Yes, I would love to make the program for you. Where is the program you want to be done ?????????????

@leox99 : (In reference to my above post) I hope that you are able to make a design and the related coding for that from the write-up you have given above, and if you have any specific coding related queries I and the entire army of the forum members won't hesitate to help you. ;)
Happy Coding.

@leox99 : (In reference to my above post) I hope that you are able to make a design and the related coding for that from the write-up you have given above, and if you have any specific coding related queries I and the entire army of the forum members won't hesitate to help you. ;)
Happy Coding.

I'll be impressed if he manages to get the analysis done, instead of just copy-pasting the assignment

Guys, lately many of you become more jabbing, pushing and aggressive in the responds to most of the questions asked on the forum specially if the request

• list homework in copy&paste style
  • no coding
  • or incoherent requests

I do understand that you maybe tired of responding to trivial questions, but is there really need to go on-and-on. One request for closer specification or supporting coding is enough. Think about it...

thnx for the help

thnx for the help

you're welcome ...
thanks for using proper English and showing some effort from your side

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.