I need to display a DAG (directed acyclic graph), which is basically a Treeview, except children can have multiple parents. Any clue on a control or method to implement this in Visual Basic 2008?

I need to display a DAG (directed acyclic graph), which is basically a Treeview, except children can have multiple parents. Any clue on a control or method to implement this in Visual Basic 2008?

You might look at our MetaDraw component
www.MetaDraw.com

MetaDraw will allow you to create diagrams such as DAG.
The syntax / mechanism for building the diagram would be different than from a TreeView, but far more flexible. You can add your nodes anywhere and present as text, or shapes or images and then have connecting lines of various styles and colors with optional arrow heads of various styles. You can even allow the user
to drag the nodes while the connections are automatically maintained.

I will try to post a web based sample with sample code later today at
http:// www.btis.com/BTProducts/MetaDraw/WebSamples/dag/Driected_Acyclic_Graph

I would be happy to discuss with you further.
Just drop me a note at Jeff [ a t ] bennet-tec [ dot ] com

* Bennet-Tec Information Systems, Inc
* 50 Jericho Tpk, Jericho, NY 11753
* Phone 516 997 5596, Fax - 5597
* WWW.Bennet-Tec.Com

RELIABLE Component Software
and Custom Software Development Services

* Expert Systems * Text Processing
* Databases * Interactive Web Sites
* Diagramming, Drawing, Hotspot Graphics
* Data Input & Data Presentation Systems
* Desktop Windows, Tablets, Pocket PCs

TList™ / ALLText™ / MetaDraw™ / Web Signature™

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent to you by Bennet-Tec Support System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correction,

the web sample is located at

www.bennet-tec.com/BTProducts/MetaDraw/WebSamples/Directed_Acyclic_Graph/Directed_Acyclic_Graph.htm

To see the code used to implement this sample, right click and select View Source.

I would be happy to discuss with you further.

Thanks. I took a look and it would probably do the trick (and then some). Depending on whether I can find an available tool in Visual Studio (which is looking unlikely) and, of course, if my boss approves, we might be interested.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.