I am dealing with multiple monitors in which i required to use EnumDisplayDevices() API.
However, the linker gives me following error log (i am using VC++ 6.0) :

Linking...
SourceCode.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__EnumDisplayDevicesA@16
Debug/AllianceProject.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

I tried to solve this error by installing SDK that was latest for my system (Windows XP SP2) - still didnt get any solution. The error still exists, eating my head off.

Please guide me to some solution.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by pdtx

you need to download and install the Windows Platform SDK because that compiler is too old. Get it here. After installing the PSDK in the VC++ 6.0 IDE select Tools->Options->Directories and add the include and lib paths.

Arrrrrgh,

I have the same problem with linking to EnumDisplayDevices. For reasons beyond my control, I'm maintaining code that can only be built with VS 2003. I get the same linker error complaining that it can not locate EnumDisplayDevices. If installing the Platform SDK will fix this, I was wondering which version of the SDK is compatible with VS 2003 and XP SP2.

Thanks a million for any help.
Peter

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.