http://www.nuclex.org/news/2007/05/14/xna-windows-forms-usercontrol

...Hey, I'm new here, & although I might rarely be here, I do have a question. It's the title.

...Ya see, I'm trying to use a .swf in xna, & so far I've:

1. Embedded the .swf in a VB .Net Winform app.
2. Used C-Sharpener to convert the VB .Net Winform app to a C# Winform app.

...So, now it's in C#, but not w/ XNA. So, the above url, (I downloaded the download it's talking about, btw,) supposedly has a download for using C# Winform apps with XNA along w/ a tutorial.

...Thing is, I'm actaully having trouble understanding the tutorial.

...May I please have some help?

Thanks,
PM260

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

what part dont you understand ?

what part dont you understand ?

Which .cs should I type the code in & where in whatever .cs I'm using I should I put each section of code in the big script thig.

I would suggest you re go through the tutorial. If your question is that basic. Failing that, also have a look at the MS based tutorials for XNA. Once you have a generic understanding for c# code, XNA and so on will seem a lot easier.

I would suggest you re go through the tutorial. If your question is that basic. Failing that, also have a look at the MS based tutorials for XNA. Once you have a generic understanding for c# code, XNA and so on will seem a lot easier.

Um, ok. Although thank you for the advice, I'd knida like to know the answers to my questions from someone specifically type-talking to me...

Still thanks though,
PM260

People write introductions and tutorials so they don't have to answer the same question every time someone new gets it.

Please try to use the resources that exist before trying to have someone re-invent the wheel. If you look at something and you don't "get it" feel free to post what you have and ask specific questions, you get much better replys

Um, ok. Although thank you for the advice, I'd knida like to know the answers to my questions from someone specifically type-talking to me...

Still thanks though,
PM260

If you feel that incapable of using the pre-existing material (for which there is an almighty load) perhaps you should consider going to a paid course, where people will have the time, and so on to give you a more one to one based training and question/answer sessions.

People write introductions and tutorials so they don't have to answer the same question every time someone new gets it.

Please try to use the resources that exist before trying to have someone re-invent the wheel. If you look at something and you don't "get it" feel free to post what you have and ask specific questions, you get much better replys

I did look at it & didn't get it. And I thought I was specific.

I pulled the download from the link you gave. In my quick scan of the files, it doesn't appear to have a tutorial, but it did have some sample code.

However at the end of the thread there were requests about making it compatible with XNA 2.0 and the response was that Microsoft had provided a solution so he wasn't going to maintain his any more. The link he provided went here. There is some sample code here too, but I didn't download it and I didn't see a tutorial.

It seems both methods involve deriving custom user controls from a 'special' control that has some support for XNA.

Generally to be successful at getting help here, you post some code, explain what it currently does and how that differs from what you really wanted it to do.

Then people will usually give you pointers on things to try to get the result you want. Very rarely does anyone provide a canned solution unless you're really really close.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.