print 1 to 10 numbers with array in c

Comments
Wow, you're a well of useless questions... and in the wrong forum too!

... and here is how you would do this with Python:

arr = [12, 7, 9, 25, 87]

for item in arr:
    print(item)

Just to compare the syntax, here is the same thing in C:

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
    int arr[] = {12, 7, 9, 25, 87};
    int i;

for(i = 0; i < sizeof(arr)/sizeof(int); i++)
    {
        printf("%d\n", arr[i]);
    }

return 0;
}

There is "no beauty" in even simple C code! Let's all thank the Python development team for giving us a readable syntax. Come to think of it, they all were very fluent in C since the core of Python is writtten in C.

I guess the true beauty of C is somewhat hidden, it can do low level stuff more readable than assembly language.

Its true ! Thanks Python Dev team. I saw one example from Ene where there was no indentation, I whoop it was horrible!
Anyway it is more readable than assembly but wait a minute snee, Assembly is more readable than 10000100101111, I mean a turbulent of machine code language!

There is "no beauty" in even simple C code!

"Beauty is only in the eye of the beholder".
Those that know, find a well written piece of code in C very motivating and easy to work with.
The comparison of languages as it has been described here, only shows the lack of knowledge. for(i = 0; i < sizeof(arr)/sizeof(int); i++) There's no need to evaluate sizeof(arr)/sizeof(int) every single time in the loop, since it never changes.

I don't agree, because the compiler can see that sizeof(arr)/sizeof(int) never changes, so it certainly generates the code with a constant value. Isn't it a lack of knowledge Aia ? Knowledge, beauty, great philosophical problems to think about !

I don't agree, because the compiler can see that sizeof(arr)/sizeof(int) never changes, so it certainly generates the code with a constant value. Isn't it a lack of knowledge Aia ? Knowledge, beauty, great philosophical problems to think about !

The compiler doesn't miraculously change that expression into a constant. It evaluates each time through the loop. An unnecessary waste of CPU cycles when making a single call and keeping the value would have been sufficient.

[As a way of clarification]
The comment about sizeof() was not the reference to lack of knowledge, but the comparison of languages base on syntax, which is why I said, "The comparison of languages as it has been described here".

I tried comparing the assembly code produced when you remplace sizeof(arr)/sizeof(int) by the constant 5. The diff between the 2 programs is

<       cmpl    $4, -8(%ebp)
<       jle     .L3
---
>       movl    -8(%ebp), %eax
>       cmpl    $4, %eax
>       jbe     .L3

So the difference is only one movl instruction.

>So the difference is only one movl instruction. cmpl $4, -8(%ebp) is not the same that cmpl $4, %eax jle .L3 in not the same that jbe .L3 movl -8(%ebp), %eax is in a loop by virtue of "Jump if Below or Equal" Having the opportunity to execute many times. So it is not "only one mov1 instruction" executed only once.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.