Hi there, I know I should not be doing this. But I really some readymade java codes on currency converter working on eclipse program. It is a part of my assignment. But my java really cannot make it, so is there any kind soul to help me? Please. Anyway, I just started IT.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hi there, I know I should not be doing this.

Then don't do it.

It's for school work.

Which is exactly why you should not be asking for "readymade code" to copy and hand in - and why you will not get it here.

Is not that I dont want to learn, I'm learning something very basic. And our teacher bomb us with this assignment. I dont have any IT background. We did ask teacher for help, but she said that she don't know. And we have to find out ourselves.

Is not that I dont want to learn, I'm learning something very basic. And our teacher bomb us with this assignment. I dont have any IT background. We did ask teacher for help, but she said that she don't know. And we have to find out ourselves.

Your teacher didn't know? She didn''t know what? It's unclear what you want. Usually there is a specification for any assignment. "Currency converter" could mean all sorts of things. "Ready made" is a phrase that is going to raise the eyebrows of most people here regarding the amount of effort you are willing to put in, whether you intended that interpretation or not. Anyway, you need to give more detail about what you are doing, what you need, etc. There are all sorts of threads and code snippets on Daniweb and elsewhere on the web dealing with all sorts of currency conversions programs. Get an idea of exactly what you want, search the snippets section, see if they give you any ideas. But again, you'll have to get more specific.

I just need a very basic currency converter. Which allows me to set how much money i want to convert. From what currency to what currency. Finally, display the coversion rates. Yup, we did ask teacher questions, but the teacher couldn't answer us. She said that we have to find it ourselves. As you can see, I'm rather desperate in asking the readymade codes for anyone here. This assignment was push to us recently, and I feel really helpless. And we still have other parts of projects to be complete.

I just need a very basic currency converter. Which allows me to set how much money i want to convert. From what currency to what currency. Finally, display the coversion rates. Yup, we did ask teacher questions, but the teacher couldn't answer us. She said that we have to find it ourselves. As you can see, I'm rather desperate in asking the readymade codes for anyone here. This assignment was push to us recently, and I feel really helpless. And we still have other parts of projects to be complete.

Can't give you the entire code. The forum rules don't allow it and most of us won't anyway. Is "ready made" your phrase or your teacher's phrase? You need to look at each part of the assignment and tackle it one part at a time. I imagine you are planning on putting the whole thing in main ? Generally you don't, but if you are a total beginner, the teacher sometimes has you do it that way. Regardless, you need to decide what currencies you are allowed to convert to and from and how you are going to store everything. The very easiest, minimal way to do this assignment is to convert from, say, dollars to euros and do it all in main . It would go something like this:

1. Ask the user how many dollars they have.
2. Store the input in a variable.
3. Calculate the number of euros that is.
4. Display that number.

So at minimum, I assume you already know how to display text to the screen, ask for and accept input, create a variable and assign it some value, then display that value, which means you have the ability to post at least SOME code and post SOME idea of how you want to approach the problem. If not, you need to take a Java tutorial on console input and output.

1. you're basically (if I follow your description) asked to write one single class: CurrencyConvertor with the proper variables, getters and setters and a toString method. it's not THAT hard
2. your teacher COULD answer those questions fine, but if I were a teacher, I wouldn't even. with the slightest introduction to Java syntaxis and OO-concepts, writing this code should be too easy not to complete. therefor, she wants to know if you understood the basics, not if you could copy what she said without understanding
3. then you'd better keep up track .. life doesn't come with a one-project-at-a-time maximum

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.