Hello dear forum members,

I was wondering why there is no "intellisense" support when working with a *.cs file which is located in app_code folder of an asp.net c# project.

I can see that intellisense functions correctly when I'm working on a *.aspx or codeback file but when it comes to a *.cs class file stored in app_code, there is no intellisense support.

I'm using VS 2008 and I'm new to this. Am I doing something wrong? Shall I enable something to get intellisense?

Thank you very much for your help.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You using the full one or express?

C# Standard? Or VS pro?

Hello,

I'm using VS 2008 Professional V 9.0.21022.8 RTM

You using the full one or express?

C# Standard? Or VS pro?

Hmm thats wierd. I have VS 2005 Professional and teh intellisense works fine, maybe its a bug in 2008?

Is there any chance that the .cs file - actually isnt .cs but it thinks it has another extension like .txt after it?

Well I don't know if that's even possible but what I know is, I can use the classes I create in those *.cs files (under app_code) in *.aspx and in their code back files.

so I really don't know what's wrong :S

Is there any chance that the .cs file - actually isnt .cs but it thinks it has another extension like .txt after it?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.