How do I find a Known String of Text "M6" from a Loaded Text Document that is in RichTextBox1, then get it to output the Lines that these strings (all of them) are found to a ListBox. Notepad can do this is Less then one second, with CTRL-F and NEXT NEXT NEXT feature, but It doesn't actually save the lines, what is the code for that? DreamWeaver will do this in Less then a Second also when you use the CTRL-F, and it tells the line and column where the sting is present.

My current code (No need to post it...) takes about 1 hour to find all the text in a 15,000 line document because it searches line by line for the string and the iterations of the sting start over at 1 and loads up the buffer at read.

Please be very descriptive as I'm not the most advanced coder I only make small programs for simple tasks and only very rarely.

Thanks,

Mike

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.