Hi Guys, I'm looking for this program that i can type in about 10 letters and 10 numbers and it will generate for me all the sequences that exist in those numbers, is there such program?

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Sounds to me like you need to do some work yourself. I'd start by Googling Permutations.

Chris

well. i google everything , i tried googling some stuff but had no luck, ill keep trying.

edit:
Well, i found something but im not quite sure how to use it,

http://my-i-p.com/Permutation_Generator.html

if i want to know all the combination to the numbers 123456789 and letters qazwsxedc , up to 12 characters.

Hi Guys, I'm looking for this program that i can type in about 10 letters and 10 numbers and it will generate for me all the sequences that exist in those numbers, is there such program?

First, define the problem better (see red above). What are the letters for? You are going to have to more clearly define the word "sequence". What's the input and output?

You start out, on paper, doing a few examples so you know exactly what the results are before even touching a computer. You do it with 2 letters and 3 numbers, not 10 and 10 or whatever. Start small, write them out, try to see a pattern. Then do 3 letters and 3 numbers, then 3 and 4, etc., by which time the pattern of how to systematically generate should be apparent. THEN start programming.

First, define the problem better (see red above). What are the letters for? You are going to have to more clearly define the word "sequence". What's the input and output?

You start out, on paper, doing a few examples so you know exactly what the results are before even touching a computer. You do it with 2 letters and 3 numbers, not 10 and 10 or whatever. Start small, write them out, try to see a pattern. Then do 3 letters and 3 numbers, then 3 and 4, etc., by which time the pattern of how to systematically generate should be apparent. THEN start programming.

umm first of all please see my edited image, because i found a site that i think is the answer.
umm I'm kinda looking for a program that offers what I'm looking, because i don't really know C++ or Even C+.

umm first of all please see my edited image, because i found a site that i think is the answer.
umm I'm kinda looking for a program that offers what I'm looking, because i don't really know C++ or Even C+.

I don't see any edited image. I see a link to a website. I don't see sample input and the corresponding output, which you need before you even start the C++ program.

"10 letters and 10 numbers" - that's going to be a huge amount of combinations to sort through.

"10 letters and 10 numbers" - that's going to be a huge amount of combinations to sort through.

well yeah, but its only up to 12 characters.

It's still unclear what you want or if you are even trying to get the program code itself or just the executable program itself and don't care about the code. It's also unclear what this program is supposed to do. The link you list is mislabeled , in my opinion. It's not creating permutations. A permutation contains all of the elements and puts them in different orders. The link picks one element from several baskets and puts them together, and always in the same order, as far as I could tell. Similarly, the words "combinations" and "sequences" have been used on this thread too, but possibly not in the technical sense of the words, but rather used more loosely, which is OK. But don't assume anyone understands exactly what you are trying to do if you don't define it explicitly, which means you are going to have to describe it and spend a few paragraphs doing so if you want people to understand what exactly you are asking for. That's why I suggested posting some examples of the input and output (i.e. "permutations").

20! 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 First Google link of, "C++ Permutations"
http://www.bearcave.com/random_hacks/permute.html
There seems to be plenty of permutation algorithms swimming around online.

Well, what I'm looking for a program that can tell me all the combinations of the numbers 123456789 and letters zaqxswcde up to 12 characters , what so hard in that?

My problem is i don't really know C++ and i just didn't know where to open this thread.

Well, what I'm looking for a program that can tell me all the combinations of the numbers 123456789 and letters zaqxswcde up to 12 characters , what so hard in that?

My problem is i don't really know C++ and i just didn't know where to open this thread.

What's hard about that is that the link you posted has nothing to do with that and you refused to provide any sample input with sample output. We're not mind readers and you haven't been clear at all, in my opinion. I assume that for the following input:

abcdefghij

Valid output would be stuff like this:

dba4219ce834

Pick any 12 of the 20 characters, no repeats, whether they are numbers or letters, then list all permutations of those 12.

Thus you'd have (20 choose 12) * 12! combinations/permutations.

I also assume you don't want to program this yourself, but just want the executable program. I have to assume all of this because you haven't said so yourself. Normally people who post here are trying to write a program and need help, which doesn't seem to be your case.

Thats the correct number of permutations VernonDozier. This is equivalent to "20 P 12" permutations, but I suspect you already knew that.

In any case, 20 P 12 = 6e13 (approximately). This really is a huge number of sequences to print and sort through. You'd really just want to print a sample of, say, 100 sequences.

What's hard about that is that the link you posted has nothing to do with that and you refused to provide any sample input with sample output. We're not mind readers and you haven't been clear at all, in my opinion. I assume that for the following input:

abcdefghij

Valid output would be stuff like this:

dba4219ce834

Pick any 12 of the 20 characters, no repeats, whether they are numbers or letters, then list all permutations of those 12.

Thus you'd have (20 choose 12) * 12! combinations/permutations.

I also assume you don't want to program this yourself, but just want the executable program. I have to assume all of this because you haven't said so yourself. Normally people who post here are trying to write a program and need help, which doesn't seem to be your case.

well then what is the right forum for me?

well then what is the right forum for me?

The let-us-read-your-mind-and-give-away-free-code forum. When I find the link I'll post it.

Now how about you give us clear requirements want you want your program to do? Show sample input and sample output. Also show what effort you've put in so far.
Do these things and you'll get help right here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.