Hi, I was wondering how you would intercept data on a given port without interrupting it in WINSOCK. Like if computer A sent computer B "hi" on port 1337 and it was received on a server program. How could I listen for that data on computer B, but still let the data get to the server program. If you have no Idea what I'm asking just tell me and I'll try to explain it better.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

is there a reason why its port 1337...dot dot dot

You can use Deviare API hook to intercept WinSock API and you will get the data before the application. You will be able to manipulate it or keep it as it.
P-

Hi, I was wondering how you would intercept data on a given port without interrupting it in WINSOCK. Like if computer A sent computer B "hi" on port 1337 and it was received on a server program. How could I listen for that data on computer B, but still let the data get to the server program. If you have no Idea what I'm asking just tell me and I'll try to explain it better.

1. The port doesn't have to be 1337, it was just an example

2. Thanks pipaman, I'll try that

I'm not sure you can put winsock in permiscous mode. I know most sniffers come with like winpcap and what not...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.