Hi ,

I'm using oracle 10g and vc++ 8 .Net 2005. Can anyone help me out in loading oraocci10.dll dynamically.
when applcation run that time "This application has failed to start because oraocci10.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem." popup display.

I also copy oraocci10.dll ,oci.dll,oraocci10.lib,oci.lib file in working folder.

my code

Environment *env = Environment::createEnvironment(Environment:: DEFAULT);
Connection *conn = env->createConnection ("scott","tiger");

Please help me out.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by tomtetlaw

make sure the .dll's are registered in the registry (if required) and make sure VC is linking to them, in the linker.

try going to (in VC++) tools>>options>>VC++ directories>>and set it to "libraries" and then make a new one and point it to a folder with the .dll in it.

I aslo set the (vc++) tools>>options>>VC++ directories>>and set it to "libraries" but not work

after you set it to libraries you have to click on the folder icon to create a new one, then click on the button with 3 dots in it next to the empty filepath you just created and browse until you find the folder containing the dll. if you need more help just ask :)

Now , when applcation run that time "This application has failed to start because oci.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem." popup display

please helop me

As comatose already told you:
" make sure the .dll's are registered in the registry (if required) "

Also, it's occi.dll, with 2 c's

And stop bumping your own thread. People will help you when they have the time.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.