hi everyone...
im doing an ide for my project...
i need to check for errors while typing and must underline them ....
i need to do it for c,c++,java using java.....
i have no idea about this ....
can anyone please help me?????

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What kind of errors are you looking for ? The spelling mistake you feel the IDE user has made could be variable declaration. Also since a user is free to name his variable anything, until he obeys the language rules for it, you cannot even compare English spellings. What most IDEs offer is highlighting keywords, code completion etc. For this you would have to incorporate the entire library in your IDE for that langauge and offer a quick suitable solution. I am certain this should have some way of doing it in an optimized fashion, but don't know how, you'll need to google for it. For keywords you'll have to have an entire list of all the langauge keywords that you wish to support and on every keypress look for a matching keyword. To choose the list of keywords to check, you'll either have to depend on the filename extension the user selects or some way in which the user explicitly tells you what langauge he is using the IDE for.

it must be like static checking..
on googling i found that splint,lcint are used for static checking.....
a file must be given as an input to splint and the output will be the errors....
is there any way to bring it while typing....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.