Is there a utility which you load with a .txt file which is a list of files and directories you made previously, so it generates, sort-of, a virtual directory tree (explorer-like, with icons and all)?

For example:
You have a list, a .txt file, which has this text in it:

C:\abc.bmp
C:\here\pack.rar
C:\here\pack.rar/xyz.bmp

from this info such utility would show you an explorer style directory tree just as if you would browse your hard-drive (it would show icons you currently use for files as well).

If there is not such utility - then - can someone make it - because it's a simple task for a programmer - surely - a small exercise.

(I have files I made with 'total commander' - when you use search and then copy the results to a notepad - it would be nice if I could use them this way)

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by GDICommander

If there is not such utility - then - can someone make it - because it's a simple task for a programmer - surely - a small exercise.

Then why don't you make it?

It's easy to do with a command-line interface. You can emulate a console interface and navigate through your file system. It is easy to implement "ls" with iostream of fstream.

You will have plenty of fun to do it.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.