Is there a utility which you load with a .txt file which is a list of files and directories you made previously, so it generates, sort-of, a virtual directory tree (explorer-like, with icons and all)?

For example:
You have a list, a .txt file, which has this text in it:

C:\abc.bmp
C:\here\pack.rar
C:\here\pack.rar/xyz.bmp

from this info such utility would show you an explorer style directory tree just as if you would browse your hard-drive (it would show icons you currently use for files as well).

If there is not such utility - then - can someone make it - because it's a simple task for a programmer - surely - a small exercise.

(I have files I made with 'total commander' - when you use search and then copy the results to a notepad - it would be nice if I could use them this way)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If there is not such utility - then - can someone make it - because it's a simple task for a programmer - surely - a small exercise.

Then why don't you make it?

It's easy to do with a command-line interface. You can emulate a console interface and navigate through your file system. It is easy to implement "ls" with iostream of fstream.

You will have plenty of fun to do it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.