Hi Everybody,
I've created some PPT files & converted it into pps fils.
Now what i need is,
I've designed a VB form which offers menu for the users displaying list of contents.
If, a user clicks on any one list from the menu, that particular pps file must display it in VB form itself with animations & all.
If user quits VB application, the opened pps file must also quit.

I don't know how to embed this..
Could anybody help me please...
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you know the PPS file ahead of time, you can embed them in the VB application as an insertable object. However, I don't see where PowerPoint lets you programmatically assign the file in VB.

As an alternative, you could shell out to PowerPoint then close it with your program. Check out this link. http://www.thescarms.com/vbasic/StopProcess.aspx

Hi Everybody,
I don't know how to embed this..
Could anybody help me please...
Thanks.

You're looking at using the OLEDB capabilities of VB. You should add a Microsoft Power Point Slide component into your project.

Go to the Project Menu and click on Components. Click on the Insertable Objects tab. Scroll down till you find the Microsoft Power Point Slide component. Check that. Of course, you need to have the Microsoft PowerPoint Slide program installed to have this component listed.

Once you do that you should see the PowerPoint Slide's component icon appear in your toolbox. You can drag that onto your form and you should have all the methods, properties, and events that you'll need to present your slide show from within your VB6 form.

i have a serious problem i need to open an external powerpoint slide from my documents in vb6 i ve managed to open powerpoint from vb 6 but i cant open the file please help Shell "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\POWERPNT.EXE"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.