Hello,
I want to check uniqueness of id at the time of entry only.And I want to give message to the user at that time only.How to do this?

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by stephen84s

Either you generate the Id and assign it to the user yourself using an autoincrement or a UUID feature, but if you want the user to select his own ID you will have to perform a check in your records (database or files) to check if the ID has already been chosen by someone else.

Either you generate the Id and assign it to the user yourself using an autoincrement or a UUID feature, but if you want the user to select his own ID you will have to perform a check in your records (database or files) to check if the ID has already been chosen by someone else.

yes.. but the problem is where should I perform this check,so that I can immediately inform user abt constraint violation.

That depends, what are you working on right now, what type of application is it ? A web page, Swing form ? You want specific answers but you haven't yet given details specific to your application.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.