everytime i click to open one it says it cannot open the file and when i search for a program online to open it none come up wat do i need to open it
thanks all for your help

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

do you have the python interpreter installed?

i have idle and the python command line where would i be able to get the python interpreter from

Under Windows you associate .py files with python.exe. Actually the Python installer should have done this for you. You can also use IDE's like IDLE to run your code from by pressing the F5 key.

Submit a sample file so we can see specifically what you are trying to run. And what operating system is your computer running. It may be the file and not python.

he is running windows xp or vista by the sounds of it

Well if you want the python.exe you find it in
C:\Pythonxx\python.exe

If you want it to be opened by IDLE then you find that in:
C:\Pythonxx\Lib\IdleLib\idle.bat

If you then check "open with this every time" box then it will do that.

Oh and xx is the version of python, so 2.5 is 25 and 2.3 is 23

Go to python installation, and find the uninstaller (Or just run installer) and there should be repair option

THIS is really not helpfull, cant understand anything from it, provide link to download it for windows XP 32 bit.

Couldn't be simpler just decide between Python2 and Python3 (or install both, preffered one last, as it associates the .py files each times to installed Python version):
http://python.org/download/

THIS is really not helpfull, cant understand anything from it, provide link to download it for windows XP 32 bit.

Because it was not intended for you.
Don't resurrect old threads, let them lie dead.
Start new thread

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.