nikola.rosic 0 Light Poster

Well i have an application which is connecting to a certain device over tcp/ip.The connection sometimes gets broken so i have made a reconnect function which is then called and does the reconnect and it works.Well my question is i would like to have a timer which will measure the time something like 5 minutes and if in those 5 minutes there is no activity on the network will call the timer event which will then call the reconnect() function.I know how to do all that but there is one catch.

I would like that after the reconnect those his job and the event is over i would like to position always on the same position in code,always in the same place.

I know that when the event is called that the app could be on any line of code and i wouldn't like when the event is over that the code starts where it stopped. I Would like to start from always the same location.

Is this posible!!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.