Recently I installed Visual Studio 2005 .NET on my computer. I wrote a Win32 program. But my program doesn't run on PCs that doesn't have Framework 2 installed on.

Is there any settings for VS 2005 .NET to make my code run on all PCs?
Or what DLL file should I put in my .exe file directory?
Or, if I had installed "Visual Studio" instead of "Visual Studio .NET" would there have been the same problem again?

Please help me, I am all stuck!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

From what I remember, you can package the framework in your application, but I believe you need some sort of license... I could be wrong about that since it's been about 3 years.

Recently I installed Visual Studio 2005 .NET on my computer. I wrote a Win32 program. But my program doesn't run on PCs that doesn't have Framework 2 installed on.

Gee, why does it not surprise me that you can no longer just build a program and run it anymore?

Is there any settings for VS 2005 .NET to make my code run on all PCs?
Or what DLL file should I put in my .exe file directory?
Or, if I had installed "Visual Studio" instead of "Visual Studio .NET" would there have been the same problem again?

Please help me, I am all stuck!

I don't have a way of testing this. But try setting the vaue of
[Configuration Properties]-->[General]--->[Common Language Runtime Support] to "No Common Language Runtime Support".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.