print the decimal, octal and hexadecimal values of all character between the start and stop character entered by user, For example, if the user enters and 'a' and 'z', the program should print all the character between 'a' and 'z' and their respective numerical values.
make sure that the second character entered by the user occur later in the alphabet than the first character. If it does not, write a loop that repeatly asks the user for a valid second character until one is entered

i try this program, but something wrong with the loop function.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

>i try this program, but something wrong with the loop function.
How unfortunate... you may get more help if you post what you've done up to this point.

print the decimal, octal and hexadecimal values of all character between the start and stop character entered by user, For example, if the user enters and 'a' and 'z', the program should print all the character between 'a' and 'z' and their respective numerical values.
make sure that the second character entered by the user occur later in the alphabet than the first character. If it does not, write a loop that repeatly asks the user for a valid second character until one is entered

i try this program, but something wrong with the loop function.

Post your program we will be able to solve it hopefully... :)
You must have missed out on very minute detail or something. Try once more.

we cant help u unless u give us some more info regarding what you have already done. do you understand decimal, octal and hexadecimal? try the program just asking for one letter and outputting its decimal, octal, and hexadecimal forms, ull have to use the ASCII values in the loop as well.

Do you know the decimal equivalent of 0, how about uppercase A, how about lowercase a? you should begin to study this, then learn how to use C to convert them for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.