This is a noobie question due to my lack of windows programming so pls excuse me in advance if this question doesn't make sense at first. I'm working on a visual c++ project and I would like to use some routines that I have in some c files. Although the c program was written on a unix platform it uses only c99 standard headers. Is there a way for me to compile them into some shared library object so that I can link them with my visual c++/clr source files using cl.exe.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is there a way for me to compile them into some shared library object so that I can link them with my visual c++/clr source files using cl.exe.

You need to rebuild them on a Windows system or use a cross compiler targeting Windows. Otherwise the library file format from Unix will not work. If the code does not use anything unique to C99 or Unix, you might be able to compile with Visual C++, but I guess since you are asking this question, that did not work. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.