Hello guys, I'm new to this forum so let me know if there's something wrong with my message.

I've recently bought a new computer:
[Windows XP SP3 x32, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU, E7400 @ 2.80GHz, 1.60GHz, 2.50GB of RAM, Physical Address Extension].
After installing Turbo C 3.0, I tried to run TC.EXE by 2x-clicking it and all of a sudden I get this message:
[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/nzoghy.jpg[/IMG]

I have no clue what that error means, so I tried running TC.EXE via CMD manually - and it worked.
Then, I wanted to run one of my exercises in graphics.h, and once again as soon as it switched to graphic mode, the program crashed and showed the same error as I mentioned above.

That's really weird because the program works perfectly on my laptop which is also Windows XP x32. (only SP2)

I hope you guys know how to solve it, or at least got an idea what that error was about. Thanks in advance :)

P.S: Yeah, I did tick "Options -> Linker -> Libraries -> Graphics Library".

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Personally, I would solve it by NOT using a compiler from the stone age on your new machine.

Analogy:
Buy Ferrari, take out engine, replace with dobbin the wonder horse.
Your compiler is the horse, I'm sure you can figure out the rest of the metaphor.

Personally, I would solve it by NOT using a compiler from the stone age on your new machine.

Analogy:
Buy Ferrari, take out engine, replace with dobbin the wonder horse.
Your compiler is the horse, I'm sure you can figure out the rest of the metaphor.

Yeah I guess your metaphor fits well, although there is a reason why I'm using such an antique compiler- simply because that is the compiler we use at the Graphics courses. Besides, I don't think graphics.h is available on other compilers and I do wish to have a similar compiler as the one at my school..

And what does that tell you about the "quality" or "relevance" of the course?

Modern English usage, as taught by Shakespeare himself.
"Verily, thou doeth rendereth thy circles upon the glass portal to the other worlde".

Right-click on the desktop icon for TC, choose properties then "compatibility". From there, I've no idea.
But it's something to try.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.