I want to connect the access database to the c++ project.
What are the requirements of this?
How to connect that? Give the example.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by hasbro

Hi,

I had the same query, my database connection query was SQL. Jencas replied to my thread, mentioned something about ODBC, look for the thread "Connecting C++ with SQL" by me.

Ronica

Yes, ODBC is the oldest and most widely used method, but not the fasted. There are a few free ODBC C++ classes out there too that will help simplify the job-- just google for them.

This thread was about connecting to Access, not MySQL. ODBC allows you to connect to databases with a level of abstraction over the specific database you use, letting you not have to worry about individual APIs.

This thread was about connecting to Access, not MySQL. ODBC allows you to connect to databases with a level of abstraction over the specific database you use, letting you not have to worry about individual APIs.

Hi, sorry I misread, took where he said "access" as if he wanted to access the database oops!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.