im new to c++. im trying to create a function to get the systemtime every 1 minute and store it in a variable. im able to display the time using the time.h file. the problem is i dont know how to call the function every 1 minute and assign it to the variable and display the time. any suggestions will be of immense help. im using unix (NOT WINDOWS).

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by siddhant3s

Well if you are using time.h which should be ctime in C++, then you can simple calculate when the next time a minute has passed so says its currently 12:31 then you can add 1 to that and check to see if the systemtime matches or is greater than it, if so display the time and then add one to the current time.

Chris

im able to display the current date and time using this code, but how do i display the updated time , every 1 minute ... any suggestions ?

# include <stdio.h>
# include <time.h>
int main()
{
printf("hello world\n");
time_t tim=time(NULL);
tm *now=localtime(&tim);
int a[3],b[3],c;
a[2]=now->tm_year+1900;
a[1]=now->tm_mon+1;
a[0]=now->tm_mday;
b[0]=now->tm_hour;
b[1]=now->tm_min;
b[2]=now->tm_sec;
c=now->tm_wday;
for(int i=0;i<3;i++)
{
printf("%d-",a[i]);
}
printf("\n");
for(int j=0;j<3;j++)
{
printf("%d:",b[j]);
}
printf("\nthe day is - %d",c);
}

Edited by mike_2000_17: Fixed formatting

while(displaying):
   if 1 min past:
      display time
   else:
      do nothing
loop

Also is this C or C++ code, it looks to me like C, yet you are in a C++ forum. Either way it is buggy.

Chris

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.