Hi, i am looking to create a standalone ordering system for a fast food business as project using java (but perhaps another language if it is easier). I want the system to be able to run without an operating system ie the program should run from booting from an USB or CD ROM drive perhaps. I know this can be done because i have some systems doing this but i think it was written in C. can anyone please give me some advice on how to do this. cheers

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi, i am looking to create a standalone ordering system for a fast food business as project using java (but perhaps another language if it is easier). I want the system to be able to run without an operating system ie the program should run from booting from an USB or CD ROM drive perhaps. I know this can be done because i have some systems doing this but i think it was written in C. can anyone please give me some advice on how to do this. cheers

C'mon mate! tell me if i am in the wrong thread.... no replies...mate....

bahh bumbugs........

dis shite shzucks

dis shite shzucks

You will find no servants here that are obligated to answer to your questions. If you didn't get a reply it was probably because people didn't know the answer or they were busy with their own (personal or not) problems.
No one here has anything against you so not to answer to your post. Don't act like we didn't answer because we had some grunge. I don't know you. If I had something useful to say 3 months ago, I would have said it.
No one offended you. No one guaranteed that we will immediately solve all your problems

commented: Well said! +16
commented: Agreed. +23

Wow. Wish I could help you. You showed amazing patience (3 months)
Hopefully someone is working on it and will get to you before another (3 months).

I'm not sure about what im going to say,

But i guess you'll have to create/modify something like the PC's System boot; which is what starts the windows OS.

Perhaps if you know ASM that would be easy, but in Java i cant find any solution to start anything without an OS. ( ASM to create/modify System Boot, the "OS" could still be written in Java ).

Also, for some reason im thinking in JNI; but i don't really know its capacities.

Hope it Helped, but i doubt it did.

~ Xhamolk_

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.