Let say i have two applications one is windows forms and the second windows mobile application. If this two applications will do exactly the same thing, how can i share the functionality between them? Apperantly i cant create class library as each has its own class library project type.

Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Put the common functionality in the same dll -- or better yet just use a version control system with subprojects.

Put the common functionality in the same dll -- or better yet just use a version control system with subprojects.

Try it your self before posting.

commented: A response like this doesn't deserve any further assistance. -4
commented: Go away. -4

more correct way of stating the problem would be this :

I have one windows forms application and one windows mobile application doing exactly the same thing, so i link to code files between these two to share functionality. Is there any of doing it more properly?

Actually, if you try to create a class library project and add reference to that project, it gives an error saying that the project type is not a mobile project, but if you reference to generated dll by browsing, it works.

Rashakil Fol bro, at this point you can help me how can i refresh the reference if there is a change in that dll?

Thanks gentleman

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.