For the last 3 days I have been trying to compile m assingment on visual studio 2008. Its giving me error:

Error 2 error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'using' screen.cpp 27 Assignment_2

This is the same error its giving me in my main:

Error 1 error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'using' main.cpp 9 Assignment_2

The lines are:

Main.cpp:

extern "C" {            // to allow the low-level C functions to be compiled
#include "console.h"    // by the C compiler only
}

#include "screen.h"
#include <iostream>
#include <cstdlib>
#include <new>
using namespace std;

And similarly in Screen.cpp

/*Above are just comments*/
extern "C" {            // to allow the low-level c functions to be compiled
#include "console.h"    // by the c compiler only
     }

#include "screen.h"
#include <cstdlib>
#include <iostream>
#include <new>
using namespace std;

Can some one please tell me what the error might be? console.h is the header for all the 'C' functions from my previous that I have to use in the current assignment.

I commented out the part of extern C, and just used include console.h. instead of running, it gave me this error:

Error 2 error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'namespace' c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\yvals.h 528 Assignment_2

I tried to compile console.c into an object file and it compiled correctly, therefore there seems to be no syntax or similar errors in it.

OK. After spending 4 days trying to fix it, I finally found the problem. I was missing a semicolon in my screen.h header file at the very bottom! Shame on me! LOL!!

NOTE FOR ANYONE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM:
If you are including header files and getting this error, then go and check for any missing semicolons in your header file. AND DONT PANIC!! PM me if you like.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.