i have created an exe which shows a message
but the problem is i want to create another program
from which a person can enter his name, choose destination
and click create
after clicking create a new exe if made in the location he chose which has the name he entered for eg the program axcrypt create exe in which u enter the password the if decrypts it self i want something like that. A program that can modify, create and execute an exe

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

sorry buddy, but i cannot understand a word you are saying.

from this bit:

exe in which u enter the password the if decrypts it self i want something like that. A program that can modify, create and execute an exe

i think you mean a program which packs and encrypts another executable. is this right?

i have created an exe which shows a message
but the problem is i want to create another program

um wtf?

Ok, so you want to create, modify and execute a BINARY FILE inside a program? That's a hard job...

Make yourself more clear...

If you want to execute other programs from a main problem, consider using Windows or Linux system calls for that. You can also use a script that will call the executable files.

hey it is something like a sfx
i want a program to modfy another exe after adding custom data to it
like i have a program which says "hello world!" and another program which has an input field where i can enter "earth" and this(the second program) extracts and modify the first program to say "hello earth".

ahh i got your point!
First of all you need to create an exe which says hello world.
And than you should create another program that injects a dll into the first program which will add "hello earth".
The injection of the dll is pretty hard work...

thank god u got it right now please help me
thankx....

thankx shea279 it was very useful
daniweb never disappoints......

i understood how to modfy data but how to add and extract data from it....

while it is running, or if it just a .exe file sitting on your computer?

Lets just simplify this to three methods:

One, create a resource file which the program will load. This is easily modifiable by external programs.

Two, use pipes and send something telling the program to use the following alternative data.

Three, open the executable, find the initialized data and overwrite it.

The first one is easy, but has to be done before execution; Second one may complicate things, if you do not think it through and design it as simple as possible; Third one is very involved and can drive you insane with things as simple as off-by-one errors.

the file runs modifies data(the other exe) stored in itself the extracts it
or
the file runs extracts data(exe) then modifies the exe(extracted)

the file to be modified must be first extracted from the running exe the editing the extracted file while it is sitting

i hav t extract data from the exe while it is running....

Lets just simplify this to three methods:

Two, use pipes and send something telling the program to use the following alternative data.

Three, open the executable, find the initialized data and overwrite it.

The first one is easy, but has to be done before execution; Second one may complicate things, if you do not think it through and design it as simple as possible; Third one is very involved and can drive you insane with things as simple as off-by-one errors.

i want to know more about the second & third method....
thankx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.