hi all,

this is my 1st message. i am a beginner in C.

can anyone help me out with the following Turbo C problem.
i am unable to complile my programs. i.e. instead of compiling my program the s/w compliles something else
(tc\inclde\iostream....something of this sort of a file pops up).

i tried hard to get out of this but to no avail. any help will be
appreciated.

Also can u help me find a good reference on how to efficiently use
Turbo C/C++

bye.

Thanks,
Hiten.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

hi all,

this is my 1st message. i am a beginner in C.

can anyone help me out with the following Turbo C problem.
i am unable to complile my programs. i.e. instead of compiling my program the s/w compliles something else
(tc\inclde\iostream....something of this sort of a file pops up).

i tried hard to get out of this but to no avail. any help will be
appreciated.

Also can u help me find a good reference on how to efficiently use
Turbo C/C++

bye.

Thanks,
Hiten.

Hello I have turbo C. What is your trouble.

>Also can u help me find a good reference on how to efficiently use Turbo C/C++
Get a newer compiler, your braincells will thank you. A good free one is Dev-C++. Another decent free one is Borland C++ 5.5, but it doesn't come with an IDE.

If you're using Turbo C you will never get anything using C++ style stream IO to compile.
If you're using Turbo C++ you won't likely get it to work either as it implements the old AT&T C++ definition which is (in places) quite different from the current ISO standard.

The free Borland 5.5 compiler is a good choice to learn. After that you should consider getting Visual C++ 2005 Express and the Windows Platform SDK (both free).
More modern/up to date compiler with a very nice editor indeed (total download is only about 850MB compared to something like 5MB for the Borland free compiler ;) ).

Thanks, every1 for ur sugestions.

I will get the necessary compilers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.