Hey all,

I am having an issue opening .tar.gz files inside of access. I am using VB code. My goal is to unzip this file which has multiple excel files inside of it. I will be pulling numbers off of multiple Excel files inside not just one. These Excel files have tabs, so I am going to have to open the correct tab as well and then take the value from the call and place it into a more useful format. I am thinking a bunch of text boxes. As I will then need to manually add them to different excel files. I will automate that process after I do the first part. Baby Steps here.

Now the advice I received from one of my co-workers already is to use the winzip command line program. I will look into this a bit more and will post again to this thread after I see what I can do with that. Thanks in advance for any and all help on this is very much appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.