i have:

i=0
while i<11:
        print i,
        print ''
        i=i+1

this gives the answer:

i need to give the answer.

i know my code has print i which is only temporary and it should be print *.
Is there any command that can do someting like:

For amount in i:
print '*'

specifically whatever integer is in i to print that many '*'s

i know of

for i in range(10)

but i must keep this in while and cant use for.

i understand this is long and i appreciate your patience thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

replace print i with print "*" * i . You may need to initialize i to 1 instead of 0.

EDIT:

Actually, that's the easy way out. The other way which might be the one your tutor is looking for (since this seems like homework) is to create another loop inside that loops i times, printing "*" on each iteration. Hint: use print "*", instead of print "*" to get the next "*" you print to stay on the same line.

commented: smart help +12

ahh yes that seems so simple i've done times i and such before i dont know why i didint think of it.

Yeah that could be the easy way out. But i have to admit that is what i would have done (since that was where i was heading weith my code)

Haha yur just a guessing machine, yes it is homework from tutor =)

and the for loop i am changing from does have a 2nd loop that loops '*'s. So i probably should do as you said and do a 2nd loop.

the for loop i am converting from does use a '*', but i just assumed the , was just instead of ;

guess not.

thanks i'll give the harder one a go, haha and your always helping me, your like my pocket helper. and i thank you for it ^^

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.