how do i go about doing this in visual studio 2005. I am able to display in the label with only one text box information, but i want the label to display multiple text box information in same label

This is what i use to display one textbox information in a label
lblResult.Text = Convert.ToString(txtName.Text);

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by brainbox

Not exactly sure what you are asking for, but it is just a string, so you can concat the other textbox values into a single label using the (+) operator.

lblResult.Text = txtName.Text + " " + nextTxtName.Text + " "; // and so on...

If this is NOT what you are trying to do then provide a sample of what you want it to look like.

// Jerry

yeah this is what i am trying to do, but do u know what i can add to it so txtName.Text is on one line, and nextTxtName.Text is on the second line?

Use the newline character \n for that.
Like in :
this.label1.Text = "azerty" + "\n" + "querty";
Will put
azerty
querty

in your label.

how do i go about doing this in visual studio 2005. I am able to display in the label with only one text box information, but i want the label to display multiple text box information in same label

This is what i use to display one textbox information in a label
lblResult.Text = Convert.ToString(txtName.Text);

Hi

You have to use concatenation and in C# this is done be '+' plus sign. by using this you can concatenate as many strings, integers or data as you want. for example, if you have two textboxes , text box1 and textbox2 and want to display their text in label then you would do somehting like this;

lblResult.Text = this.textbox1 + this.textbox2;
//above will not have space between two texts, however, if you want space in between text of both text boxes you can do this as follows;

lblResult.Text = this.textbox1 + " " + this.textbox2;

Similarly you can add as many fileds as you want.

HTH

Sarah

thank you'll very much ,I have one last question, is it possible to display text in the label with the text box info.
For example: lblResult.Text = this.textbox1 + " " + this.textbox2;
i want the label to display something like "Name: this.textbox1"
like if i type in my name is this.textbox1 can I get the label to return Name: "My name", So if i type in jason in textbox 1, it is possible to return Name: jason instead of just jason in the label

thank you'll very much ,I have one last question, is it possible to display text in the label with the text box info.
For example: lblResult.Text = this.textbox1 + " " + this.textbox2;
i want the label to display something like "Name: this.textbox1"
like if i type in my name is this.textbox1 can I get the label to return Name: "My name", So if i type in jason in textbox 1, it is possible to return Name: jason instead of just jason in the label

YES you can ... you would have the actual text gardcoded i.e. which wont change unlike text boxes and then u can concatenate it with text boxes so you would have it like below (for name and for age for example)

lblName.Text = "Name:" + this.textbox1.Text;
lblAge.Text = " Age" + this.txtAge.Text;

HTH

Regards
Sarah

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.