//

#include <stdio.h>

int main (void)

{int currentornew; /*This is where if the user inputs a 0 they will automatically be brought to insert hours for employees.*/
 int newemployee; /*This is where if the user  inputs a 1 they will autmatically be taken to information of adding a new employee.*/
 int choice;

/*Processing Phase*/
 /*Get the user input*/
 //3 function call outs : Editing, Adding, New

printf(" Welcome to ESLR, LLC \n"
		  "1-Enter Employee Hours \n"
		  "2-Edit Employee Information \n"
		  "3-Add New Employee \n"
		  "4-Exit Program \n"); /*Prompt for input*/
 scanf( "%d", &currentornew);

while ( ( choice = currentornew() ) != 4) {

switch ( choice ) {

//update employee
case 1:

break;

//new employee
case 2:

break;

//deleting employee
case 3:

break;

//exiting the program
case 4:
	 //I believe this allows them to exit!
	break;

//enter a number dumbass!
default:
	printf( "Incorrect Choice\n");
	break;

return 0;
			} //end while statement
 } //succesful programming
}//

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Please post using code tags, can you also please tell me what problem you're having ?

Use of code tags around your posts will get you more responses than if you don't use them. The use of code tags is discussed in the watermark of the Message box as well as in the Announcements section at the top of the board.

While it's not illegeal to use C style I/0 in C++, you may get more qualified responses by posting on the C board, if you haven't already. If you want to stick with C++, then the prefered header would be cstdio, not stdio.h, combined with recognition of namespace std and drop the void parameter for main()----either leave the parameter list empty or give it two parameters, argv and argc.

Here:
int currentornew;
you declare currentornew to be an int variable but here:
currentornew()
you use it as a function. It should be one or the other, not both. If it's a function, then it needs a definition and it may need a declaration, depending on where it is defined relative to the first time it is called.

This:
return 0;
should probably be just before the terminal closing brace for the program.

moved to C board.

given the lack of any sort of question or comment or request, i suggest it be moved to the "trash" board.

or is our daniweb psychic logged on?

given the lack of any sort of question or comment or request, i suggest it be moved to the "trash" board.

or is our daniweb psychic logged on?

LOL :) I think the question is in the comments

oh, are those questions?

or demands?

or merely the instructor's notes to the students on how to fill in the framework of this assignment that was provided to them?

commented: Door number 3 please Bob - It's a winner! +29
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.