is there any way to disallow more than one login

I mean , in IE we can log in a yahoo Mail with a number of mail id at the same time...But this is not allowed in Mozilla.....

I want to implement this(like that in Mozilla) restriction in our project by writing code...is there any ways to do so...

Thanks in advance.......

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

in IE we can log in a yahoo Mail with a number of mail id at the same time

Although I haven't used a Windows box for quite a while, I do not think that is possible. You only log in with one mail Id and the other IE windows will pick up the same sessions from your cookies.

BTW What technology are we talking about here, from the examples I get the hint its JSP / Servlets, which have their own forum here..
And finally if that is actually what we are talking about then you can use "sessions" and "Cookies" in your page to achieve that.

You only log in with one mail Id and the other IE windows will pick up the same sessions from your cookies.

This is not true...if we are taking a new window from the browser itself this may happen..But if we click on the explorer icon we cann log in using other mail id...
But this is not in case of Mozilla....

I ask u, is there any way to trace this using java code

But if we click on the explorer icon we cann log in using other mail id...

No it doesn't and I checked your "claim" by putting Windows in my VirtualBox and if you are already logged into Yahoo in one window and click on "log in" in the next window, it would just ask you for the password to verify you session, it doesn't ask for the username. Also if you click on "Sign in as a Different user", your session in the first window is lost. So in effect you are just able to log in with one mail ID at a time.

Anyways,

I ask u, is there any way to trace this using java code

I already requested what technology are you talking about, you have not given us a hint as to whether this is a web application or just a normal desktop application with a client and server etc.

You need to give us more information on what your project is about.

sorryy...
am using an intranet application..IU in jsp....Struts framework

I want to avoid "more than one logins at a time in one System"

Thanks

I already had a feeling you were working on a web application, thats why I had asked you to use sessions in your JSP, You can check this tutorial to see Sessions in action. I do not know about Struts so cannot suggest anything for it.

kk ..thanksss.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.